Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Is it bedtime yet?

Okay this is going to sound kind of weird, but have you ever thought of what your hubby/ spouse would say about you at your funeral when you died? I don't know...but when I see tv shows and they start saying, she was a loving wife, a caring mom who always put her kids first and so patient...she was a wonderful cook and her door was always open....she kept a spotless house....she helped out all the time and never said no....she was the perfect wife, mother and friend.

Is that you? Maybe it is and God bless you for being able to pull it all together. But I know that's not me because by 1pm I'm usually already done for the day after....getting hubby out the door, kids breakfast, hopefully having my bible study time, reading email, the news and other blogs( I need my morning dose and laugh), doing dishes, laundry-the millionth load, breaking up 6 squabbles, picking pillows up off the floor that belong on the sofa for the 10th time that morning, homeschooling my 7 year old and being interrupted 10 times by my 4 year old-which seems to only happen when I am homeschooling, vacuuming, sweeping, and sometimes already getting dinner ready for that evening and who knows what else I am tired and ready for bed.

I joke with my hubby when those moments come on tv shows. He would probably say nothing close to what they say. It might go something like this.....I should have known when I married a girl that I met on the internet and that was from Los Angeles...she tried to provide a comfortable home for her family...she tried to be patient...she made a great mac n cheese....the house was clean when company came over....I know she loved to sleep, she loved her children when they were sleeping, she was her most happiest when she was sleeping....you could always find her in her favorite spot-the bed ,sleeping.

Is it bedtime yet?

1 comment:

StaceyC4 said...

First off, LOVE the picture of you and Brian! Second, don't knock making great mac & cheese. And third, you KNOW that we are most critical of ourselves. You are loved and if no one gushes over you at your funeral, I will get up, kick some butt, and gladly gush over you! You rock!