Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So, how long can I lock myself in my bedroom?




So, I want my hormones to go back to "normal"...the way they were before I had kids. I use to look at things in a positive way...you know the glass if half full not half empty, this was just not meant to be and something better awaits, at least this didn't happen, etc. Not so much now.

To top it off my son Noah who is 7 goes through these "phases" every so often and God help him that it does not happen during "that time of the month" because I can only count to 10 so many times, use logic and pray before I can't keep it in and I think the neighbors might call social services or just end up locking myself in my bedroom till daddy gets home. Okay, so I never locked myself in the bedroom till daddy got home, but I sure wanted to.

Anyway last week Noah is on this role or in one of those "phases" questioning everything..."why do I have to do that"...."do I have to"......crying, whining, huffing and puffing around the house. Totally being disrespectful and totally not my sweet, loving little boy that I miss so much. So, by the weekend I had had enough so much to the point my hubby told me to get out of the house and go do something fun. So, I thought what could I do.....go scrapbook, but that would taken too long to get my stuff together and who could I get to go? I could go shopping, well in my case window shopping because we have a limited budget...like no money and that's no fun. Side note: Who likes to window shop?? Who says lets go see things we like and would like to have and can't buy?? Who?? Seems like torture to me. And then there was the movies but there were just no good, decent movies out to see. None that weren't too offensive in one way or the other. So, I took a nap.

I would like to say the nap did the trick.....that I woke up to my sweet, loving little boy who became a wonderful listener but nope that did not happen. So, I' am off to see what Dr. Dobson says about how long you can lock yourself in the bedroom without being considered a bad mom.

No comments: