Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here's to a New Year~ 2009!

So, tomorrow starts a New Year and I am praying that things go a lot better and not just for me but for everyone. Here is a list of things I DON'T want to happen in 2009!

10. I don't want a child who whines when they don't get what they want.
9. I don't want things to go wrong every turn I take on the simplest task or take 3 hours longer to get done then it would for someone else.
8. I don't want to gain another pound.
7. I don't want to step another piece of dog food in my kitchen.
6. I don't want to say, "Because I said so and I am the adult!"
5. I don't want to break another cell phone.
4. I don't want to hurt my back or ankle again.
3. I don't want to say, "I must have maid or servant written on my forehead!"
2. I don't want to turn on the news to see only negative things about conservative Christians and God and prayer being removed from everything in America.
1. I don't want to organize and clean up a spot only to turn around and find it a mess again the next day.

~and now what I DO want to have happen in 2009!

10. I do want lots of hugs and kisses from my kids.
9. I do want things to go perfectly smooth at every turn.
8. I do want to lose 300 pounds.
7. I do want a dog that eats like a perfect gent.
6. I do want to hear , "Yes, mom - no problem mom."
5. I do want to keep in touch more with family.
4. I do want to watch every step I take is with God in the front leading the way.
3. I do want the kids to help out a little more with keeping the house clean. Note to self ....add more chores to the chore chart.
2. I do want to see wonderful positive news about my Christian faith and more people coming to know our Lord and Savior around the world and stepping into the light of His love.
1. I do want an organized, clean house, but I also want to remember that, that should not take precedence over a happy home for my family filled with memories of mommie reading, doing crafts and tickling.

I pray that you and your families have a wonderful blessed New Year!

No comments: